June 15, 2017

Book Review: Modern Cider


Modern Cider: Simple Recipes to Make Your Own Ciders, Perries, Cysers, Shrubs, Fruit Wines, Vinegars, and More is an interesting book by Emma Christensen with photography by Puleio.

The author shared, in the Introduction, "I made and bottled my inaugural cider almost six years ago while working on my first book.... The wheels in my head started to turn. If I could make cider this good with basic store-bought juice, what could I make with actual heirloom cider apples? What about fresh juice from a local orchard? Or even (if I dared) the mass-market stuff served to five-year-olds? That was the beginning. This book is a map of where I've traveled in the years since."

In addition to the Introduction, Turning Apples into Juice, Setting Up Your Cider House, and Turning Juice into Cider, this book is divided into the following seven main sections: Beginning Ciders, The Cider Family, Modern Ciders, Ciders for Beer Lovers, Soft Ciders, Apple Wines, and Traditional Ciders.

While featuring brilliant full-color photographs, Modern Cider is geared towards adults over the legal drinking age, who are interested in modern cider recipes and interesting details about the topic.


Note: I received this book from NetGalley, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment