April 11, 2017

Book Review: The Baby Bombshell


The Baby Bombshell, by Victoria James is a captivating contemporary romance filled with secrets and engaging characters. 

After five years away, Jack Bailey returns home to Shadow Creek, and he attempts to rebuild the relationships with his family and friends, especially his relationship with ex-fiance, Lily Cookson. Even though they are both still in love, the pain and mistrust of no communication for years has damaged them. As the story unfolds, even more secrets and a possible pregnancy lead to Jack and Lilly's attempt to a reconciled relationship.

In chapter one, Jack tells Lilly, "'I believe you're still the most beautiful, loving woman I've ever met. Leaving you was the hardest decision I ever made. I know I've got a helluva lot to do to earn your forgiveness, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I've been faithful to you. Five years, Lil. I've been faithful to the memory of what we had and what we could be. There has been no one. I never stopped loving you.... So let me get to know who you are now. I'm still in love with you. I know you're still the only woman for me.'"

Since it's the second book in the Shadow Creek Montana series, it's recommended to start with the first book, Christmas with the Sheriff, yet it's not necessary to read the books in order.

The Baby Bombshell is a delightful book, and it's geared more towards women readers, particularly those who enjoy reading modern romances.


Note: I received this book from NetGalley, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment