April 18, 2016

Book Review: What Do You Think of Me


 
What Do You Think of Me?  Why Do I Care?: Answers to the Big Questions in Life, by Edward T. Welch is a well-written book, which focuses on life’s important questions.

According to page two of the Introduction, “As I wrote the book I was thinking about people I know who are roughly between the ages of fifteen and twenty-five.  You don’t have to be in this age span to read it….  But the book would sound a little different if I were writing to a fifty-year old.”

Welch continued to share on page two, “What you will find is that it goes directly to the critical questions of life, which means that the direction set out here can guides you through lots of other problems too.  I hope that it provokes you, inspires you, guides you, gives you hope, and is just plain enjoyable.”

Throughout the book, there are thought-provoking questions and corresponding scripture verses.  There are twenty chapters divided into six sections, including the following: The Problem, The Heart of the Matter, Who Is God?, Who Am I?, Who Are They?, and Final Thoughts.  Also, a Scripture Index has been provided.

As indicated in the Introduction, What Do You Think of Me?  Why Do I Care? is geared towards teenagers and young adults, but all age ranges would highly benefit from reading this book.


Note: I received this book from B and B Media, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment