February 13, 2016

Book Review: Jesus in the Present Tense


Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ, by Warren W. Wiersbe provides an in-depth look into the Bible, by focusing on the I AM scripture passages.

The book’s preface nicely summarizes the I AM significance.  On pages eleven and twelve, Wiersbe writes "Past history, present reality, and future certainty all unite today in Jesus Christ, the great I AM.  The I AM statements recorded in Scripture reveal the depths of the Christian life and how God’s children can go deeper by living with Jesus in the present tense.”

The twelve chapters focus on various aspects of the I AM statements, including The Bread of Life, The Light of the World, The Door, The Good Shepherd, The Resurrection and the Life, The Way, The Truth, and the Life, The True Vine, etc.  Most chapters begin with several scripture passages to read and reflect upon, yet the entire book is saturated with scripture verses from the Old and New Testaments.

While individuals will benefit from a personal read and study, this book would be worthwhile to also implement as additional study materials for small group and/or family Bible studies.  Jesus in the Present Tense is recommended reading for anyone interested in learning more about living their Christian faith fully in the present tense.


Note: I received this book from B and B Media, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment