June 17, 2017

Book Review: Understanding Color in Photography


Understanding Color in Photography: Using Color, Composition, and Exposure to Create Vivid Photos is a photography workshop book by Bryan F. Peterson with Susana Heide Schellenberg.

In the Introduction, the author shared, "I am a color photographer. My approach to every image I shoot is always because of the color I see within that given subject.... I strive to help you see and capture the vivid color in the world around you. We'll study the science behind why we see color, how your camera captures it, and tips for correctly exposing bright whites, dark blacks, and every color in between. We'll look at how color influences composition, and how to use color to your image's advantage. Lastly, we'll explore the one primary tool I use to enhance color in my digital images--Photoshop's Selective Color tool.... If...you believe that creating compelling images is something you can do with minimal photo processing, this book will surely answer that need."

This book is divided into the following four main sections: Light, Exposure, and Color, Color and Composition, Color and Mood, and Using Tools to Enhance Color, as well as the Introduction and Index.
 
While featuring brilliant full-color photographs, Understanding Color in Photography is a helpful resource for those interested in photography, and it's geared towards all ages, from teenagers to older generations.


Note: I received this book from NetGalley, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment