June 10, 2017

Blog Hop: Mailbox Monday, Stacking the Shelves, What Are You Reading, and Sunday Post

My blog, Reading with Beth, is participating in the Sunday Post, Mailbox Monday, Stacking the Shelves, and It's Monday, What Are You Reading blog hops, and links to these sites are listed towards the end of this post. It's quite enjoyable to visit other blogs and discover reading ideas and book suggestions!


Welcome to new visitors and returning followers! My blog focuses on reading, particularly book reviews, as well as giveaways and blog hops. The Splash into Summer giveaway hop will start on June 15.

This week's blog posts primarily featured fiction books and mostly romances. Also, I read A Buckhorn Baby, by Lori Foster. Even though it was short enough to be a novella, I enjoyed re-visiting these characters from the Buckhorn Brothers series, especially since this book focused on the next generation, particularly Amber Hudson. The beginning was quite humorous with Amber's announcement to her entire family, as well as Noah's priceless reaction. :) 

And I just finished listening to an audiobook - The Lost Hero, which is the first book in The Heroes of Olympus series, by Rick Riordan. It's an adventure book series geared towards fifth to ninth grades, yet the audiobook is interesting enough for all ages.



Book Reviews:


Do you enjoy reading shorter books and/or novellas? 
 
Sign up to follow my blog on Bloglovin', Twitter, and Facebook.  
 
And remember to visit all the other linked blogs at their host sites: Mailbox Monday, It's Monday, What Are You Reading, Sunday Post, and Stacking the Shelves.

16 comments:

  1. I like to read shorter books/novellas when they are part of an ongoing series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like an occasional shorter read or novella, they mix things up a bit for variety. I'm curious about Road Food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Road Food is such an interesting food/travel guidebook.

      Delete
  3. I love a good novella that's part of a series - I've noticed many times they feature former supporting characters in a more prominent role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading novellas within book series, too. :)

      Delete
  4. I love a good Novella that is an added bonus to a series. It's great to have a little more insight into certain event or character.

    I hope you have a great week of reading! You can check out my latest 'It's Monday' post HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading novellas within various book series, especially when my favorite characters are featured. :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a busy week...lots of book reviews.

    Love the cover on Book Food. Would love to see what's inside.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Road Food is quite interesting with plenty of restaurant suggestions across the States.

      Delete
  6. I have a friend who would be interested in the Road Food book. The move is really happening. We have temporary housing squared away and most of our home library in storage now. Come see what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your friend enjoys Road Food. Happy reading this week! :)

      Delete
  7. I like shorter books. In fact I steer away from chunksters. I have Wolf Hunt in my review queue. A sky full of stars has a nice cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing...happy reading this week! :)

      Delete
  8. I love Rick Riordan's books. I got away from reading them when my son got older but Percy Jackson is awesome.
    Here's my Sunday Post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finally listening to these series - and the Rick Riordan books are enjoyable! :)

      Delete