April 19, 2017

Book Review: 100% Real


100% Real: 100 Insanely Good Recipes for Clean Food Made Fresh is a delightful cookbook written by Sam Talbot.

As the title indicates, this book features 100 recipes focused on whole-foods and clean eating, and it includes more than 150 brilliant full-color photographs.

According to the Introduction, Talbot shared, "I suppose it's because I'm both a chef and a type 1 diabetic that I'm forever being asked questions about what I eat.... What I eat, simply put, is 100% real food...I have chosen a much simpler philosophy--to eat real food.... What I know for sure is this: there is nothing better for us and nothing that tastes better than 100% real food." 

This book is divided into the following seven chapters: Morning Essentials for the Grind, Sandwiches, Salads, and Spreads, Banging Bowls, Food for the Hustle, Proteins on the Ground and Out of the Surf, The Vegetable Fix, Sweet Thang, Maybe I Shouldn't...Yeah, of Course You Should. Also, this book features the Introduction, What's Real and What's Not, Real Food Kitchen, Basic Recipes, Metric Equivalents, Resources, and Index.

Recipes in this book are marked accordingly as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free, if applicable.
 
100% Real is geared towards all ages, from young adults to older generations, and it's ideal for those interested in healthy recipes and clean-eating options.


Note: I received this book from NetGalley, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment