April 30, 2017

Blog Hop: Month in Review, Sunday Post, Mailbox Monday, Stacking the Shelves, and What Are You Reading

My blog, Reading with Beth, is participating in the Sunday Post, Mailbox Monday, Stacking the Shelves, and It's Monday, What Are You Reading blog hops, and links to these sites are listed below. It's so enjoyable to visit other blogs and discover more book suggestions!


Welcome to new visitors and returning followers! My blog focuses on reading, particularly book reviews. Check out my blog archive for recent posts, and plan to visit my blog again in May for the Love in Bloom Giveaway Hop.

Since it's the end of April, this post is my monthly summary, and I'll also link up with Month in Review at The Book Date blog. As usual, I've read a rather random mix of review books, so I divided the categories into fiction, non-fiction, and children's books. Also, I've been listening to free audiobooks via Overdrive from my local library.



 
Fiction Books:
 
 
  Non-Fiction Books:
 

  Children's Books:

Do you have a library in your area? If so, what are your favorite free resources and/or activities at your local library?
 
Sign up to follow my blog on Bloglovin' and Twitter.
 
And remember to visit all the other linked blogs at their host sites: Mailbox Monday, It's Monday, What Are You Reading, Sunday Post, and Stacking the Shelves.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely variety of books for the month. We do have a library in our area and really what I like that's free about it is.... the books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reads are as diverse as mine. It looks like you had a good month, and I hope May treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...so many enjoyable books! :)

      Delete
  3. I also read a mixed selection of genres. I don't go to the library as much as I used to. Have so many books to read already. I do like to pull a book off the shelf and find a quiet corner to read when I do go.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's enjoyable to read a variety of genres. Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Ashley Spires (The Thing Lou Couldn't Do) is a local author, so I'm always thrilled to see people reading her books!! Hometown pride!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an enjoyable children's book! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. I love getting audios from my library via overdrive. So easy and can be done from home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm always on hold for audiobooks and ebooks via my library's Overdrive. :)

      Delete
  6. Our local library branch is within walking distance. We are there are few times a week, checking out books and going to storytime or other children's programs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great your library is so close...thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  7. I don't use my library nearly enough, but Overdrive is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overdrive is very nice and so convenient!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a great month for you.

    We have two local libraries...different counties...four different branches to choose from that are close for me.

    Love my library. I have been using OverDrive more than going in physically. I hope that counts.

    ENJOY your books and your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to use my library's digital databases, particularly Overdrive and Hoopla, more often since it's so convenient.

      Delete
  9. Funny - I just learned you could use Overdrive for library books yesterday and I have seen two bloggers mention it today. :-)
    Looks like you had a good month. Hope May gets off to a good start. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Hope you enjoy using Overdrive for free ebooks and audiobooks. :)

      Delete