February 28, 2017

Book Review: Mornings with Tozer


Mornings with Tozer: Daily Devotional Readings, by A. W. Tozer is a devotional book, which was complied by Gerald B. Smith from the author's previously published books and recorded sermons.

In the Preface, the editors wrote that this book is "a collection of 366 daily readings from the heart and mind of Dr. A. W. Tozer, the beloved former pastor in the mid-20th century. The selections have been gleaned from his taped sermons, with additional excerpts from his published books and from his incisive editorials.... His helpful personal illustrations, testimonies, and spiritual concerns have been scattered throughout these pages, all glorifying the Person of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord."

Each daily devotion features the title, scripture verse, devotional text, and quick prayer for each day of the year, including an extra devotional for leap year. Since the devotions are listed by date, it's ideal to start this devotional on January 1, yet readers may start reading at any time throughout the year.

Mornings with Tozer is geared towards various age groups, from young adults to older generations. With one devotional per page, this book may easily be added to your current personal devotional time or it's a a great way to start setting aside time each morning to spend with God.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life." Psalm 143:8


Note: I received this book from Moody Newsroom, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.

2 comments: