January 19, 2017

Book Review: Eat Beautiful

 
Eat Beautiful: Food and Recipes to Nourish Your Skin from the Inside Out, by Wendy Rowe is a cookbook plus skin care suggestions.

In the Introduction, Rowe wrote, "If you asked me years ago, I would have said that great skin is mostly due to makeup and skincare.... But I've come to see that skin troubles are a reflection of what's going on inside. To get perfect skin and maintain it, you need the right balance inside and out.... I've written this book because I wanted to inspire you to think more about the food you eat and what it can do for your skin, with recipes and beauty tips that are simple and accessible and can easily be integrated into your daily routine."

This book is divided into the following four main sections: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. Other sections include Beauty and Food, Beauty Tips, Healing Herbs and Spices, Supplements and Superfoods, and Guide to Nutrients, as well as the Foreword by Sienna Miller.

On page 8, the author shared, "A seasonal approach underpins this book. I've tried to present foods according to the season in which they are grown, or according to what's best for you health and your skin at a particular time of year. And because looking after your skin on the outside is important, too, I've added a section on skincare...and self-help tips for skin types."

While featuring lovely full-color photographs, Eat Beautiful: Food and Recipes to Nourish Your Skin from the Inside Out focuses on healthy recipes and skin care suggestions. This book is geared towards women of all ages, from young adults to older generations. 


Note: I received this book from Blogging for Books, which is a program designed for bloggers to write book reviews in exchange for books, yet the opinions expressed in this review are my own.  

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to eat healthy now a days, just started this year I may not be very successful at it but I do want to read some nice recipes and make something so this sounds like a great book for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely book with enjoyable recipes!

      Delete